Matt's arXiv selection: week ending December 15, 2006.

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 13:19:11 +1000 (EST)

The following message was sent to the matts_arxiv list by Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>

Hi all,

I'm going to take this opportunity to let you know about a workshop that may be
of interest:

"International Workshop on Quantum Noise" - celebrating Crispin Gardiner's
contributions to Quantum Optics and Atom Optics

14 - 18 MAY 2007
BreakFree Grand Pacific resort, Caloundra, Queensland, Australia.

http://www.acqao.org/qn/

The workshop will cover hot topics in quantum optics and ultracold quantum
gases, from both theory and experiment. A particular focus will be on quantum
aspects of matter waves and macroscopic quantum states, going beyond the methods
and predictions of mean-field theory. This will include advances in analytical
and computational methods, the latest experimental results probing the quantum
nature of BECs, and applications of BEC to quantum information.

Invited speakers: Brian Anderson, Rob Ballagh, Howard Carmichael, Subhash
Chaturvedi, Crispin Gardiner, Ed Hinds, Gerd Leuchs, Scott Parkins, Silvania
Pereira (tbc), Chris Westbrook, Peter Zoller (tbc)

There is a poster on the website if you wouldn't mind advertising it...

Not so many abstracts this week, only 16:

\\
Paper: cond-mat/0612213