Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 23rd March 2007.

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:37:09 +1000 (EST)

The following message was sent to the matts_arxiv list by Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>

Another late mailing this week :(

A total of 27 new papers and 15 replacements:

\\
Paper: cond-mat/0703433
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:43:34 GMT (37kb)

Title: Spin-polarized Fermi superfluids as Bose-Fermi mixtures
Authors: E. Taylor, A. Griffin, and Y. Ohashi
Categories: cond-mat.other
Comments: 14 pages, 1 figure
Subj-class: Other
\\
   In the strong-coupling BEC region where a Feshbach resonance gives rise to
tightly-bound dimer molecules, we show that a spin-polarized Fermi superfluid
reduces to a simple Bose-Fermi mixture of Bose-condensed dimers and the
leftover unpaired fermions. Using a many-body functional integral formalism,
the Gaussian fluctuations give rise to an induced dimer-dimer interaction
mediated by the unpaired fermions, with the dimer-fermion vertex being given by
the (mean-field) Born approximation. Treating the pairing fluctuations to
quartic order, we show how the action for a spin-polarized Fermi superfluid
reduces to one for a Bose-Fermi mixture at energies below the binding energy of
the dimers. This Bose-Fermi action includes an expression for the effective
dimer-unpaired fermion interaction in a spin-polarized Fermi superfluid beyond
the Born approximation, in the superfluid phase at finite temperatures. In the
low-density limit, we show how this dimer-fermion interaction gives the s-wave
scattering length $a_{BF}=1.18a_F$ ($a_F$ is the s-wave fermion scattering
length), a result first derived by Skorniakov and Ter-Martirosian in 1957 for
three interacting fermions.
\\ ( http://arXiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0703433 , 37kb)
\\
Paper: cond-mat/0703443