Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 31 August 2007.

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:05:15 +1000 (EST)

This week there were 18 new preprints and 6 replacements.

\\
arXiv:0708.3241
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:44:06 GMT (283kb,D)

Title: Supersolid Bose-Fermi Mixtures in Optical Lattices
Authors: I. Titvinidze, M. Snoek, W. Hofstetter
Categories: cond-mat.other
Comments: 4 pages, 5 pictures
\\
   We study a mixture of strongly interacting bosons and spinless fermions with
on-site repulsion in a three-dimensional optical lattice. In order to
investigate the regime of strong interactions, we develop and apply a
generalized DMFT (gDMFT) scheme, which consists of dynamical mean-field theory
(DMFT) for the fermions, combined with static Gutzwiller mean-field theory for
the bosons. We restrict ourselves to the case of half filling, where we find a
rich phase diagram. For weak Bose-Fermi repulsion a supersolid forms, in which
the bosons are superfluid and both fermions and bosons have a spatially
modulated density, i.e. charge-density wave order. For stronger interspecies
repulsion the bosons become localized while the charge density wave order
persists. The system is unstable against phase separation for weak repulsion
among the bosons.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0708.3241 , 283kb)
\\
arXiv:0708.3265