[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 12 June 2009

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:41:59 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week we thank Jacopo Sabbatini. There are 24 new preprints and 5 replacements:

\\
arXiv:0906.1110
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:37:14 GMT (551kb,D)

Title: Dynamical creation of a supersolid in asymmetric mixtures of bosons
Authors: Tassilo Keilmann, J. Ignacio Cirac and Tommaso Roscilde
Categories: cond-mat.quant-gas
Comments: Accepted at Phys. Rev. Lett
\\
   We propose a scheme to dynamically create a supersolid state in an optical
lattice, using an attractive mixture of mass-imbalanced bosons. Starting from a
"molecular" quantum crystal, supersolidity is induced dynamically as an
out-of-equilibrium state. When neighboring molecular wavefunctions overlap,
both bosonic species simultaneously exhibit quasi-condensation and long-range
solid order, which is stabilized by their mass imbalance. Supersolidity appears
in a perfect one-dimensional crystal, without the requirement of doping. Our
model can be realized in present experiments with bosonic mixtures that feature
simple on-site interactions, clearing the path to the observation of
supersolidity.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0906.1110 , 551kb)
\\
arXiv:0906.1161