[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 21 August 2009.

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:16:46 +1000

Dear subscribers,

Jacopo Sabbatini compiled this week's abstracts. There are 13 new preprints and
  7 replacements.

\\
arXiv:0908.2026
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:35:15 GMT (157kb)

Title: Strongly interacting trapped bosons yield fragmented transverse states
   in the crossover to low dimension
Authors: Uwe R. Fischer and Philipp Bader
Categories: cond-mat.quant-gas
Comments: 5 pages of RevTex4, 3 figures
\\
   We investigate trapped bosonic gases approaching the crossover to lower
dimension from the coherent (Bose-Einstein condensate) side, along the
transverse confining direction. Using a variational analysis, we derive the
fragmentation of the Bose-Einstein condensate into two mutually incoherent
macroscopically occupied field operator modes, upon increasing a dimensionless
interaction measure beyond a critical value.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0908.2026 , 157kb)
\\
arXiv:0908.2071