[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 4 September 2009

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:22:27 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week was compiled by Simon Haine, and contains 30 new abstracts and 12
replacements.

\\
arXiv:0908.4200
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:59:11 GMT (670kb)

Title: Adiabatic transport of Bose-Einstein condensate in double-well trap
Authors: V.O. Nesterenko, A.N. Novikov, A.Yu. Cherny, F.F. de Souza Cruz, and
E. Suraud
Categories: cond-mat.quant-gas cond-mat.other
Comments: 8 pages, 8 figures, submitted to J.Phys.B
\\
A complete irreversible adiabatic transport of Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC)
in a double-well trap is investigated within the mean field approximation. The
transfer is driven by time-dependent (Gaussian) coupling between the wells and
their relative detuning. The protocol successfully works in a wide range of
both repulsive and attractive BEC interaction. The nonlinear effects caused by
the interaction can be turned from detrimental into favorable for the
transport. The results are compared with familiar Landau-Zener scenarios using
the constant coupling. It is shown that the pulsed Gaussian coupling provides a
new transport regime where coupling edges are decisive and convenient switch of
the transport is possible.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0908.4200 , 670kb)
\\
arXiv:0908.4147