[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 22 May 2009

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 08:44:08 +1000

Dear subscribers,

Today's mailing was collated by Jacopo Sabbatini. There are 16 new preprints
and 6 replacements:

\\
arXiv:0905.2600
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 18:32:08 GMT (59kb)

Title: Stabilization of the p-wave superfluid state in an optical lattice
Authors: Y.-J. Han, Y.-H. Chan, W. Yi, A. J. Daley, S. Diehl, P. Zoller and
   L.-M. Duan
Categories: cond-mat.quant-gas cond-mat.str-el
Comments: 5 pages, 5 figures
\\
   It is hard to stabilize the p-wave superfluid state of cold atomic gas in
free space due to inelastic collisional losses. We consider the p-wave Feshbach
resonance in an optical lattice, and show that it is possible to have a stable
p-wave superfluid state where the multi-atom collisional loss is suppressed
through the quantum Zeno effect. We derive the effective Hamiltonian for this
system, and calculate its phase diagram in a one-dimensional optical lattice.
The results show rich phase transitions between the p-wave superfluid state and
different types of insulator states induced either by interaction or by
dissipation.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0905.2600 , 59kb)
\\
arXiv:0905.2610