[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 4 June 2010

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 21:01:34 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week's mailing was compiled by Mike Garrett, and there were 36 new
preprints and 32 replacements

\\
arXiv:1006.0596
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 09:34:09 GMT (246kb,D)

Title: Doppler cooling of gallium atoms: 2. Simulation in complex multilevel
   systems
Authors: L Rutherford, I C Lane and J F McCann
Categories: physics.atom-ph
Comments: 15 pages, 8 figures
\\
   This paper derives a general procedure for the numerical solution of the
Lindblad equations that govern the coherences arising from multicoloured light
interacting with a multilevel system. A systematic approach to finding the
conservative and dissipative terms is derived and applied to the laser cooling
of gallium. An improved numerical method is developed to solve the
time-dependent master equation and results are presented for transient cooling
processes. The method is significantly more robust, efficient and accurate than
the standard method and can be applied to a broad range of atomic and molecular
systems. Radiation pressure forces and the formation of dynamic dark-states are
studied in the gallium isotope 66Ga.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/1006.0596 , 246kb)
\\
arXiv:1006.0493