[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 16 July 2010

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:57:41 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week's selection was compiled by Geoff Lee, and contains 31 new
abstracts and 18 replacements.

\\
arXiv:0910.5337 (*cross-listing*)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:51:07 GMT (242kb)
Date (revised v2): Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:48:27 GMT (574kb)

Title: Fluctuations and stochastic processes in one-dimensional many-body
   quantum systems
Authors: H.-P. Stimming, N. J. Mauser, J. Schmiedmayer, and I. E. Mazets
Categories: cond-mat.quant-gas quant-ph
Comments: 4 pages (revtex4), 4 color figures. Text substantially rewritten, two
   figures added
Journal-ref: Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 015301 (2010)
DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.105.015301
\\
   We study the fluctuation properties of a one-dimensional many-body quantum
system composed of interacting bosons, and investigate the regimes where
quantum noise or, respectively, thermal excitations are dominant. For the
latter we develop a semiclassical description of the fluctuation properties
based on the Ornstein-Uhlenbeck stochastic process. As an illustration, we
analyze the phase correlation functions and the full statistical distributions
of the interference between two one-dimensional systems, either independent or
tunnel-coupled and compare with the Luttinger-liquid theory.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0910.5337 , 574kb)
\\
arXiv:0912.4493 (*cross-listing*)