[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 1 October 2010

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 23:25:39 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week's selection was compiled by the Ghost of Christmas Past, and contains
57 new abstracts and 30 replacements.

\\
arXiv:0902.3421 (*cross-listing*)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:59:36 GMT (737kb)
Date (revised v2): Thu, 30 Sep 2010 03:43:33 GMT (745kb)

Title: A fully quantal molecular description for the spectra of bosons and
   fermions in the lowest Landau level
Authors: Constantine Yannouleas and Uzi Landman
Categories: cond-mat.mes-hall cond-mat.str-el nucl-th physics.atom-ph
Comments: REVTEX 4. 6 pages with 1 color figure and 3 Tables. An extended
   version [15 pages] was published as Phys. Rev. A 81, 023609 (2010); see
   http://arxiv.org/abs/1001.1090. For other related papers, see
   http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~ph274cy/
\\
   Through the introduction of a class of appropriate translationally invariant
trial wave functions, we show that the strong correlations in the lowest Landau
level (LLL) reflect in finite systems the emergence of intrinsic point-group
symmetries associated with rotations and vibrations of molecules formed through
particle localization. This quantal molecular description is universal, being
valid for both bosons and fermions, for both the yrast and excited states of
the LLL spectra, and for both low and high angular momenta. "Quantum-fluid"
physical pictures associated with Jastrow-type trial functions are shown to be
reducible to the molecular description introduced in this paper.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/0902.3421 , 745kb)
\\
arXiv:1004.3954 (*cross-listing*)