THE PHYSICS MUSEUM AT
THE UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND
The Physics Museum is currently closed and will reopen in the second half of 2012 in a new purpose-built space across the hall (in Parnell Building 7).
We are in the process of moving the Physics Museum page to our new website. Please visit http://www.smp.uq.edu.au/content/physics-museum for the latest information about our museum.
- A Tour of the Museum
Tools of Science :
A series of meetings hosted by The Physics Museum For students, scientists, engineers, historians of science and technology, teachers, collectors, and all those fascinated by old scientific instruments.
- A look in the Storeroom
- The Catalogue of the Museum
- The Physics Museum Library
- UQ Physics 1910 - 1970 (pdf, 3Mb)
- The Pitch Drop Experiment
- The Pitch
- Robert Hawthorne Slide Rule and Manual
- Synchronome Electrical Company of Australia
- Australian University Museums On-Line (searchable database of scientific instruments)
- Institute and Museum of History of Science, Florence, Italy
- Museum of the History of Science, Oxford
- The Museum of HP Calculators
- Whipple Museum of the History of Science
- University of Vermont Physics Museum
- Robert A. Paselk Scientific Instrument Museum
- Thomas Greenslade, Kenyon College
- University of Nebraska Historical scientific Instrument Gallery
- Transylvania University Philosophical Apparatus Collection
- Other on-line museums
- Museums resources - directory of Museums relates websites.
There have been 30947 visits to this site since 16 August 2007.