For those of you who are interested...
...both of you.
Awards & Prizes
- 1997 Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Sciences. Australian National University.
- 1990 B.Sc. with First Class Honours in the Field of Physics. University of Queensland.
- 1989 B.Sc. (Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics). University of Queensland.
- 2013 Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science
- 2011 Vice-Chancellor's Research Fellow
- 2010 Fellow of the American Physical Society
- 2010 Australian Academy of Science Pawsey Medal
- 2009 Fellow of the
Optical Society of America
- 2006 Australian Research Council Federation Fellow
- 2004 University of Queensland Foundation Research Excellence Award for the project
Quantum Holography: encoding quantum information in optical patterns
- 1998 Australian National University Medal for 1997: J. G. Crawford Prize.
- 1996 The Australian Optical Society Postgraduate Student Travel Prize. To attend the Les Houches
Conference "Second order nonlinear optics".
- 1995 European Science Foundation Sponsorship. To attend the EC Network Workshop, "Non-Classical Light", Corvara, Italy.
- 1995 Visiting Doktorand. Six month research scholarship from the Universität Konstanz.
- 1994 Kurzstipendium from the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst. Six month research scholarship from the
German Academic Exchange Service (to 1995).
- 1992 Australian Institute of Physics Student Travel Award: ACT Branch.
- 1991 Australian National University Scholarship for PhD research (to 1996).
- 1989 Australian National University Vacation Scholarship in Nuclear Physics.
- 1986 Leo Howard Memorial Vacation School at the University of Queensland.
- 2015– Vice-Chancellor's Research and Teaching Fellow
- 2005– Professor, Department of Physics,
School of Mathematics & Physics
- 2006–2011 Australian Research Council Federation Fellow
- 2005–2005 Reader, Department of
Physics, School of Physical Sciences, UQ.
- 2003–2005 Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics,
School of Physical Sciences, UQ.
- 2002–2008 Faculty member, Centre for Biophotonics & Laser Science
- 2000–2002 Senior Researcher,
Special Research Centre for Quantum Computer Technology,
- 1999–2003 Lecturer, Department of Physics, UQ.
- 1999–2001 Faculty Member,
Centre for Laser Science, UQ.
- 1999–2000 Guest Scientist,
Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA.
- 1997–1999 Postdoctoral Scientist,
Los Alamos National Laboratory,