- Jan 10–17: Quantum Technology in Biological Systems (QTBS2009),
- Jan 12–16: 12th Workshop on Quantum Information
Processing (QIP 2009), Santa Fe, USA.
- Jan 19–22: 1st Winter School on Practical Quantum
Cryptography (QIP 2009), Les Diablerets, Switzerland. *
- Jan 22–30: Numerical Approaches to
Quantum Many-Body Systems, Los Angeles, United States of America.
- Jan 29–31: Foundations and Applications of Quantum Science, Innsbruck, Austria.
- Feb 1–7: Third International
Conference on Quantum, Nano and Micro Technologies (ICQNM 2008), Cancun, Mexico.
- Feb 2–6: Quantum Physics with Atoms
and Photons, Les Houches, France.
- Feb 2–6: Coogee'09–Sydney Quantum Information
Theory Workshop, Coogee, Australia.
- Feb 9–11: Centre for Quantum Computer Technology Annual Meeting, Darling Harbour, Australia.
- Feb 18–19: Workshop on Integrated Atomic Systems
II, Seattle, USA.
- Feb 19–22: Eleventh Annual SQuInT Workshop,
- Mar 16–20: American Physical Society March
Meeting, Pittsburgh, USA.
- Mar 25–27: Quantum
Interaction (QI 2009), Saarbruecken, Germany.
- Mar 31–Apr 2: IMA
conference on Quantum Computing and Complexity of Quantum Simulation, London, UK.
- Apr 2–Apr 3: Inaugural Symposium on Quantum
Science and Technology, Brisbane, Australia.
- Apr 13–17:
Quantum Information and Computation VII (SPIE International Symposium on Defense, Security + Sensing), Orlando, USA.
- Apr 20–Jul 17: Workshop on
Quantum Control of Light and Matter, Santa Barbara, USA.
- Apr 23–25: Workshop on Quantum
Information Science, Vienna, USA.
- May 4–5: Workshop on Multi-Qubit
Quantum Operations–Challenges and Approaches, College Park, USA.
- May 11–13:
Fourth workshop on Theory of Quantum Computation, Communication, and Cryptography (TQC2009), Waterloo, Canada.
- May 11–15:
XXXII National Meeting on Condensed Matter Physics of The Brazilian Physical Society (XXXII ENFMC), Águas de Lindóia, Brazil.
- May 18–22:
Concepts and Methods in Quantum Control, Santa Barbara, USA.
- May 20–23: 40th Annual Meeting of the Division of
Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (DAMOP 2009), Charlottesville, USA.
- May 23–27: 16th Central-European
Workshop on Quantum Optics 2009 (CEWQO 2009), Turku, Finland.
- May 24–Jun 14: Quantum Simulation/Computation with Cold Atoms and Molecules, Aspen, USA.
- May 31–Jun 5: International Quantum Electronics
Conference (CLEO/IQEC 2009), Baltimore, USA.
- Jun 2: Multi-qubits Coherent Operations
Proposers' Day, College Park, USA.
- Jun 7–Jun 27: Quantum Information,
- Jun 8–Jun 12: Quantum Optics
VII: Quantum Engineering of Atoms and Photons, Zakopane, Poland.
- Jun 11–Jun 14:
2nd Vienna Symposium on the Foundations of Modern Physics, Vienna, Austria.
- Jun 14–Jun 19:
Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics and the European Quantum Electronics Conference (CLEO Europe-EQEC 2009), Munich, Germany.
- Jun 14–Jun 19:
Quantum Theory: Reconsideration of Foundations, 5 (QTRF5), Växjö, Sweden.
- Jun 22–Jun 26:
11th International Conference on Squeezed States and Uncertainty Relations (ICSSUR09), Olomouc, Czech Republic.
- Jun 22–Jun 26:
4th Feynman festival, Olomouc, Czech Republic.
- Jun 23–Jun 28:
Control of Quantum Dynamics of Atoms, Molecules and Ensembles by Light (CAMEL 2009), Nessebar, Bulgaria.
- Jun 24–Jun 26: The final QIP IRC Annual Conference,
- Jun 29–Jul 24: Les
Houches Summer Session, Singapore.
- Jun 30–Jul 2: 6th World Conference of Science Journalists,
- Jul 6–10: Second workshop on Operator Structure in
Quantum Information, Toronto, Canada.
- Jul 7–10:
Workshop on Quantum Effects in Biological Systems (QuEBS 2009), Lisbon, Portugal.
- Jul 13–17: 18th
International Laser Physics Workshop, Barcelona, Spain.
- Jul 17–23: International
Conference on Quantum Foundation and Technology: Frontier and Future (ICQFT'09), Shanghai, China.
- Jul 19–24: Workshop on Quantum Marginals and Density
Matrices, Toronto, Canada.
- Aug 2–7: Quantum Control Of Light And Matter, South Hadley, USA.
- Aug 4–6:
Quantum Communications and Quantum Imaging VII (part of SPIE Optics & Photonics), San Diego, USA.
- Aug 10–14:
Mathematics in Experimental Quantum Information Processing, Waterloo, Canada.
- Aug 10–14: Workshop on Quantum
Computation and Quantum Spin Systems, Vienna, Austria.
- Aug 17–21:
Ninth Canadian Quantum Information Summer School, Toronto, Canada.
- Aug 17–21:
ARO/NSA/IARPA Quantum Computing & Quantum Algorithms Program Review, Minneapolis, USA.
- Aug 18–Oct 17: Entanglement and
correlations in many-body quantum mechanics, Vienna, Austria.
- Aug 24–27:
Conference on Quantum Information and Quantum Control III (CQIQCIII), Toronto, Canada.
- Aug 24–26:
Complexity Resources in Physical Computation, Oxford, UK.
- Aug 26–29: Ninth Asian Conference on Quantum
Information Science (AQIS'09), Nanjing, China.
- Sep 1–6: School on Quantum Information,
- Sep 5–11: Bose-Einstein
Condensation 2009: Frontiers in Quantum Gases (BEC2009), Sant Feliu de Guixols, Spain.
- Sep 7–11: International Workshop on Quantum
Information, Paraty, Brazil.
- Sep 14–18: CoQuS Summer School on Photonic, Atomic, and Solid State
Quantum Systems, Vienna, Austria.
- Sep 17–18: Quantum Photonics Workshop,
- Sep 21–25: International Conference on Quantum
Information Processing and Communication (QIPC 2009), Rome, Italy.
- Sep 27–Oct 29: Nordita Program in Quantum Information, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Oct 11–15: Frontiers in Optics 2009 / Laser
Science XXV (FiO/LS 2009), San Jose, USA.
- Oct 12–15: Wilhelm und Else Heraeus
Seminar on Quantum Simulators, Bad Honnef, Germany.
- Oct 26–30: International Conference on Quantum
Communication and Quantum Networking (From Satellite to Nanoscale), Vico Equense, Italy.
- Nov 3–6:
Workshop on Single and Entangled Photons: Sources, Detectors, Components, and Applications, Boulder, USA.
- Nov 23–Nov 27: Conference on Optics and Laser
Applications '09 (KOALA09), Sydney, Australia.
- Nov 24–Nov 26: 10th International
Symposium on Frontiers of Fundamental & Computational Physics (FFP10), Perth, Australia.
- Nov 29–Dec 3: 9th Australasian Conference on
Optics, Lasers, and Spectroscopy (ACOLS 2009), Adelaide, Australia.
- Nov 30–Dec 4: The 2009 Asher Peres International
Physics School: The Edge, twixt quantum and classical phenomena, Sydney, Australia.
- Nov 30–Dec 4: Workshop on Quantum Correlations, Singapore.
- Dec 2–Dec 5: International Conference on Quantum Information and Technology, Tokyo, Japan.
- Dec 3–6: The 4th
International Conference on Information Theoretic Security (ICITS 2009), Shizuoka, Japan.
* = Indicates winter in the Northern hemisphere–it's summer here of course!