Brisbane has integrated ticketing: a two-zone ticket will let you travel between university and the city by train, bus, or high-speed catamaran ("City Cat"). For a one or two day visit paper tickets are easiest, and may even be the best value, but for longer visits we strongly recommend getting a go card .
City Cat. All have free wireless (and eduroam!). There is a ferry stop at Toowong at the Regatta Hotel and four ferry termini downtown: North Quay (that's pronounced "North Key" for our American friends), South Bank, Gardens Point, or Eagle St. From any of these take the upriver ferry to the University of Queensland stop (see this map). City Cats leave every half-hour off-peak, and far more often during peak times, either use the City Cat trip planner, or download the timetable.
Bus. With the opening of the Green Bridge (officially the Eleanor Schonell Bridge but
no-one calls it that) there are now two bus corridors to UQ.
East corridor This is by far the quickest option.
* Take the 66 to the UQ Lakes Stop: services depart every eight minutes during peak times and ten minutes during off-peak times on weekdays; every 20 minutes on weekends. If you're downtown, start from King George Square station 2E; if you're at South Bank, start from the Cultural Centre Bus Station, Platform 2 (the Eastern one). (66 timetables & maps).
* The 411 or 412 buses to Chancellor's Place, UQ. One leaves every 20 minutes or so. Catch the 411 from Stop 40 on Adelaide St (outside the Broadway arcade) and the 412 from Stop 138 on Roma Street (near Ann St). (411 timetable; 412 timetable; both include maps).
* The 444 BUZ to Toowong (Benson St Stop, near Glen Rd). The 444 leaves at least every 10 minutes during peak times, at least every 15 minutes during off-peak times, seven days a week. As described above for the trains, from Toowong you can either catch the bus, City Cat, or walk. Catch the 444 from King George Square Station, 1A. (444 timetable & map).
Train. There are two train corridors to UQ. The west corridor is longer, but—tip for a hot day—it involves no hills and slightly less
walking through campus!
Take a train that runs on the Beenleigh, or Yeerongpilly lines (the SE red line in this map), and get off at Dutton Park (5th stop from Central Station). Trains leave frequently. From Dutton Park you can either:
* Walk 81m to Boggo Road station, platform 6, Dutton Park and catch the 209 bus direct to the University of Queensland, then walk 315 m through UQ..
* Walk about 1.2 km to UQ, first along Pound St, then turn right onto Annerley Road, then walk down to, and across the Eleanor Schonell Bridge.
Take any of the Ipswich, Rosewood, or Springfield trains (the SW green and teal lines in this map), and get off at Toowong (4th stop from Central Station). Trains leave frequently. From Toowong you can either:
* Walk 157m to Benson St at Toowong, stop 14, and catch the 411 or 412 directly to Chancellor's Place at the University of Queensland, or
* Walk 494m to the Regatta ferry terminal, and catch the City Cat to UQ (see above), or
* Walk about 1.5 km to UQ, first along Gailey Rd, then turn left at Sir Fred Schonell Drive, the university is at the end of the Drive.
Train. There are frequent Airtrains between either airport terminal and downtown, the trip takes about 22 minutes. A one way ticket to the city (Central, Roma St, or South Bank stations) costs $13.50, or to the university (Toowong station, see Train section above) costs $15.90. See this map.
Taxi. In the Domestic Terminal, taxi ranks are at both the Qantas and Virgin Blue ends of the terminal. In the International Terminal, the taxi rank is on Level 2 (Arrivals). All Brisbane taxis have standard taxi meters: the fare to the University of Queensland is $44-$50; the fare to the city centre is $33-$35—in either case there is an additional $3 fee for departing taxis only. (Up to date estimates can be made using either the Black and White Cabs or Yellow Cabs fare estimators.)
Coach. Con-X-ion operates services between Brisbane Airport and Brisbane Transit Centre and to the door of all CBD Hotels. Meeting all major flights 7 days a week: $20.00 per person to the hotel door ($36 if you buy a return ticket). Book online or phone +61 13 0026 6946.