[Matts-arxiv] Matt's arXiv selection: week ending 21 May 2010

From: Matthew Davis <mdavis_at_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:24:58 +1000

Dear subscribers,

This week's selection was compiled by Chao Feng, and contains 38 new abstracts
and 12 replacements.

\\
arXiv:1003.3048 (*cross-listing*)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:21:56 GMT (173kb)
Date (revised v2): Tue, 18 May 2010 20:08:15 GMT (339kb,D)

Title: Tunable disorder in a crystal of cold polar molecules
Authors: Felipe Herrera and Marina Litinskaya and Roman V. Krems
Categories: physics.atom-ph cond-mat.other physics.chem-ph quant-ph
\\
   In the present work, we demonstrate the possibility of controlling by an
external field the dynamics of collective excitations (excitons) of molecules
on an optical lattice. We show that a suitably chosen two-species mixture of
ultracold polar molecules loaded on an optical lattice forms a phononless
crystal, where exciton-impurity interactions can be controlled by applying an
external electric field. This can be used for the controlled creation of
many-body entangled states of ultracold molecules and the time-domain quantum
simulation of disorder-induced localization and delocalization of quantum
particles.
\\ ( http://arxiv.org/abs/1003.3048 , 339kb)
\\
arXiv:1005.2420